KBR is looking for Senior Instrument Engineer for 28/28 rotation to be based in Basra, Iraq
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assurance of Instrumentation equipment designs through appropriate application of Shell technical standards and specifications, implementation of DCAF and review of design deliverables and activities.
- Ensure schedule and cost considerations are included in design decisions, while maintaining primary responsibility to assure safe and appropriate quality designs.
- Ensure Instrumentation Engineering activities are executed in alignment with Shell’s Project Delivery Roadmap and Opportunity Realization Process.
- Delivery of the Instrumentation equipment engineering scope for assigned projects, ensuring flawless start-up of Equipment and compliance with agreed HSSE practices and procedures as defined under the MAJNOON HSSE management system.
- Act as Process control engineer, he will have overall responsibilities of all engineering deliverables ranging from engineering study deliverables to RFC packages, commissioning procedures, ITPs, Material Requisition, Technical Bid Evaluations, etc.
- Drive technical assurance: Has an overall technical assurance role for engineering and delivery of Process control related activities to meet project specifications and Shell standards including DEM1 and DEM2 requirements.
- Participate in engineering reviews regarding Instrumentation engineering discipline, witnessing of Factory Acceptance Tests, as required and participate in safety and quality audits and field reviews as required.
- Drive installation quality, working with Construction contractor and QPH Construction team and provide technical support for commissioning and/or start up of Instrumentation Equipment where applicable.
- To be fully familiar and up to date with latest Shell and Industry standards and ensure compliance of projects design with these latest standards. To be fully familiar with Shell TAMAP, EFAs and SPEP for Instrumentation equipment
- Audit construction field activities for compliance and assist in resolution of field non-conformance issues as required.
- Ensure design meets requirements of Shell’s HSSE Framework.
- Design and develop, as required, innovative technical approaches to the broader process engineering issues and contribute to continuous business improvement initiatives (fit for purpose)
- Provide (one stop shop) for Instrumentation equipment engineering support and delivery for QPH minor / base and medium projects up to 20MUSD CAPEX / project.
- Accountability for Instrumentation engineering deliverables and engineering execution planning support including provision of senior engineering expertise.
- Proactively working with the PACO Lead Engineer to keep projects on track and achieve Top Quartile (TQ) performance for the portfolio.
- Drive and delivery of an ever increasing effectiveness and efficiency in producing project designs, through Elimination, Simplification, Standardisation and Automation balanced against the need for Top Quartile FEL in, and quality designs for the Majnoon projects.
- Support Flawless Project Delivery / QCaptain for discipline
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BSc., University in Engineering or equivalent
Experience and Skill set