Instrument Technician (Poly/Hex) Mesaieed Plant (1000)
JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
Execute Instrument maintenance activities and assigned projects on time and within budget and in order to increase equipment availability and reliability. Ensure smooth and reliable operation of Instrumentation through implementation preventive maintenance programs and coordination of efforts with internal and external stakeholders in order to make sure that relevant maintenance works are completed in an effective and timely manner.
• Carry out maintenance activities in an efficient and effective manner, in line with the annual business plans, and departmental policies and procedures.
• Complete all assignment of tasks, performance appraisal, trainings, and maintain proper tools and equipment in order to make sure the unit equipment perform reliably.
• Complete maintenance certification process of Instrument Technicians for Q-Chem & Q-Chem II.
• Carry out troubleshooting of problems occurring in the units and implement corrective actions.
• Ensure the safety aspects of the organization like safety alerts, circulars, policy changes and medical circulars are read and understood correctly and follow them in their daily jobs.
• Conduct JSAs for all the critical and routine works and owns the process.
• Follow up to keep Safe work practices and having good knowledge of Operational Excellence.
• Attend and participate in toolbox meetings, safety meetings, RCA sessions, etc.
Shutdowns and Turnarounds
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing shutdowns, turnarounds and emergencies in order to ensure safe and timely execution of tasks.
• Ensure that work processes are implemented as per standards and procedures.
• Maintain high level of availability of the Instrumentation within area of responsibility.
• Identifies spare parts requirements of each equipment. Identifies required special tools to carry out his activities.
• Review spare parts in ware house to identify missing spares. Communicate to his supervisor to get spares and tools required.
• Make periodic preventative maintenance inspections of all metering control instruments.
• Lay out, install and place into service new metering, controlling & recording devices and Calibrating as required.
• Read and interprets wiring diagrams, P&I drawings and specifications in making installations or performing major repair work.
• Troubleshoots PLC software and hardware, performs software changes and maintains documentation of changes to the software and hardware.
• Troubleshooting, repair & maintain different types of ESD & control valves like Globe valves, Butterfly valves, ball valves including the controlling loop devices like positioners, solenoid valves & I/P.
• Troubleshooting, repair & maintain the vibration monitoring systems.
• Carry out Preventive Maintenance activities on time as scheduled.
• Carry out Corrective /breakdown maintenance whenever necessary.
• Carry out daily routine inspections including Preventive Maintenance for Instrumentation, and maintain appropriate records.
• Communicate and present to supervisor, analysis of problems faced in the field. Communicate with other trade technicians to verify Instrumentation problems and solutions.
• Implement predictive maintenance program and assist in equipment inspection, testing and troubleshooting in order to avoid major escalations and ensure minimum disruptions caused by equipment breakdowns.
• Assist in managing the Instrument maintenance works on Q-Chem’s assets as required ensuring minimum disruptions with regard to equipment breakdowns.
• Assist in all Instrumentation inspections and equipment tests are done in line with the Maintenance Strategy.
• Assist in preparation of Standard Maintenance Procedures for Instrumentation.
• Assist in failure analysis of repeated problems in the area of responsibilities.
• Provide mentoring and work direction / instructions to base load technicians.
• Work hands-on during regular work days, irregular shifts, shut downs and on-call schedules.
• Complete applicable performance appraisal process periodically.
• Assumes role of DSRs for various contactors for their assigned works/routine works when assigned as DOA.
• Properly follows SMP’s and checklists in the field during maintenance activities.
• Assist in creation of SMP and checklists for different equipment & PM plans and SMPs for new equipment /project added to the plant/plants.
Quality, Health, Security, Safety and Environment
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant quality, health, safety, security and environmental procedures and controls across the Section to guarantee employee safety and delivery of high quality products/services.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of Maintenance Department’s systems, policies, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practices’ in order to improve productivity and operational efficiency.
• Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet departmental requirements, policies and standards.
• Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is applicable to expatriate employees only.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Required : 3-Years Diploma in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
Preferred : Bachelor Degree in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
Required : Total of 3-5 years of experience in O&G Industry in Maintenance as Instrument Technician.
Preferred : Total of 3-5 years of experience in Petrochemicals Industry Maintenance as Instrument Technician.
Must possess skills of the systems mentioned below:
Control valve maintenance and operation, PLC, Vibration monitoring system, P&ID, Instruments calibration, Workshop/Field test equipment, Transducers, SIS/SIL concept, Single loop controllers, Positioners, I/P, ESD system, Burner Management System, Control Valves, Custody transfer metering.