- Commissioning & Start-up of New Gas & LPG plant. Develop, review and update Commissioning & Start-up procedures and Operating Procedures.
- Start-up and shutdown plant and equipment in accordance with operating procedures.
- Monitor plant and equipment function – Observing all operating parameters and performing regular checks to ensure equipment is operating correctly. Taking corrective action as necessary and reporting any deviations or issues to Production Supervisor.
- Records, reviews, and compiles operations records operating parameters.
- Prepares plant & equipment, handing over to Maintenance Department for routine or corrective maintenance.
- Utilizes experience and hazard identification knowledge to minimize plant hazards during routine activities through utilization of STEP 2 program. Reports to Production Supervisor and Operations Superintendent.
- Starts-up and shutdown plant and equipment by following procedures and under instruction from the Lead Operator, Production Supervisor or Control Room Operator.
- Control’s operation of compressors, scrubbers, evaporators, and refrigeration equipment to liquefy, or re-gasify Natural Gas and LPG.
- Monitors all aspects of the plant and report any deviations from normal practice.
- Cleans, maintains, and repairs equipment, using hand tools, or request that repair and maintenance work be performed.
- Completes log sheets and maintain a daily log of all events occurring in the assigned area. Attends and takes part in verbal handovers at the start and end of shift.
- Carries out first line maintenance on all plant & equipment in his/her area of responsibility.
- Gives and receives a verbal & written handover at the start and end of shift.
- Identifies abnormalities in process parameters & report and make corrective action.
- Ensures safe isolation/purging of equipment as per procedure.
- Carries out gas testing in accordance with the Authorized Gas Testing procedure
- Ensures compliance with Permit to Work and HSE Regulations and Procedures.
Commissioning & Start-up
- Provide expertise during commissioning, start-up, and early operations phases of operation
- Participate in FAT, Commissioning workshops and attend Vendor training as necessary.
- Identify potential or developing SIMOPS issues and report to Production Supervisor/Operation Superintendent.
- Provide leadership, coaching & mentoring to LN Production Operators in all aspects of commissioning & start-up.
- Undertake trouble shooting during commissioning & start-up, identify & resolve issues to ensure safe, start-up and production.
Health, Safety & Quality
- Ensures all work on plant is carried out safely and meets environmental standards and local regulations.
- Ensures company safety and environmental policies are followed by all personnel working in the Plant, promoting good Housekeeping and Waste Management.
- Promotes a positive safety culture within the shift team by raising the standards of ‘Hazard Awareness’ and the implementation of the ‘2nd STEP’.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Production Supervisor on all issues relating to own work.
- Ensures good communications with existing Operations staff to ensure potential impacts to each other are understood and managed accordingly.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all Company staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Continues to develop own professional expertise through optimizing on-the-job training and experiential opportunities.
- Provides on the job training for field operators and new recruits to ensure they are performing to minimum performance standards.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Experience Required
- Degree or Higher technical education
- Previous experience in numerous hydrocarbon facilities is essential
- Minimum of 10 years in a hydrocarbon facility, with at least 5 years as Lead or Senior Operator.
- DCS Control Room experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Commissioning & Start-up experience of Gas and LPG plant is essential.
- Ability to write and review operating procedures is desirable.
- Experience in Brownfield/Greenfield projects and SIMOPS control is desirable
- A background in a maintenance discipline would be an advantage
More Oil and Gas Jobs